THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

May 17, 2010

Hello

After a long absence I figured it was time for a new post.
I've been working on a lot of writing projects lately, including a small book of short stories that I submitted to a school contest, which I took first place in. I've been working on several fanfiction projects on fanfiction.net ( http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802223/BlackMasquerade if you want to check out some of my work).

I've also hatched a plot and several characters that are forming themselves into a series of screenplays about 60 pages long. Yes, I'm writing a television series. Not that it'll be on television any time soon if ever, but it's turning into television format.

As well, this month I came up with a very interesting plot for a thriller/action/drama movie, which I will start writing this summer.

I have so many projects saved up! This is going to be a very eventful summer with all the writing I have to do, I have two stories on fanfiction.net that need finishing, the movie I've planned out and the TV series I've plotted. Not to mention my newfound infatuation with the TV show Castle, for which a fanfiction will more than likely come about sooner or later.

Other than that, there's a fanfiction contest this weekend at Otafest and I need to write my story for that. It needs to be a single chapter and under 9,999 words long to be able to be handed in on Saturday as opposed to Wednesday (2 days from now).

In more past news, I took 1st place at the most recent Provincial Archery tournament, which was a dream come true! I have the plaque on my wall and I finally earned a little bit of respect as an athlete in my club. For the record, I won first by 101 points.

Tomorrow I'm trying out for the school's talent show, I'm playing piano for my friend who is singing "The Last Song I'm Wasting On You" by Evanescence. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YkU8CKt3rU ) As well I'm trying out on my own with a self-choreographed tribal fusion belly dance. I'm very nervous, and I've been practicing nonstop for days. I will try to remember to let you know how that turns out.

I took my Chemistry IB diploma last week, and I likely did terribly, though I probably did not fail. I still have my Alberta diploma in the middle of June this year, and all of my IB and Alberta diplomas (English IB, Social IB, Biology IB, Math IB and French IB) next year. It will be a busy year for me, and then I'm finally off to University. I'm excited about this becasue I've finally figured out what I'm doing with myself there.

I'm going to get a BA in English specializing in Creative Writing at the University of Calgary, then I'll go to the University of British Columbia for my Masters in Creative Writing specializing in Film. Then... who knows where that will take me.

As unrealistic as it sounds, I want to get into the film industry and work my way towards getting the show I've envisioned on the air. I'm very enthusiastic about this concept and this story and I want to see it through to the end.

Other than all that not much is going on. I should sign off so I can go and do my homework, and maybe eat. I'm not sure about the last one yet :P who has time to eat? And this sleeping nonsense... it takes up far too much time that can be used writing and doing homework. Oh well, improvements to productivity to come!

Take care all!
Allie

0 comments: